So I woke up this morning to the news that my host’s server had a security issue, after checking this blog I discovered that sure enough it had been hacked, grrr.
Why anyone would want to hack this blog I don’t know, hell it’s only 3 days old, hardly any content etc and certainly no bank or credit card details are associated with it.
Anyway, I managed to fix it, thankfully the server has backup files and it was relatively simple process for me to restore things, although I’m no expert on how to do things. It’s frustrating that hackers do this kind of thing, I fail to see what they get out of it.
Fingers crossed the hosts (Vidahost) have been able to make their end of things more secure so that this is just a one off, I will be doing similar at my end.