This classic and easy to make, Chicken and Spinach Alfredo served with Penne is a fast and tasty meal that can be served within 40 minutes.
180g baby spinach
3 cloves garlic, crushed
5 chicken breasts, cut into bitesized chunks
3tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp. plain flour
1/2 pint chicken stock
1/2 pint milk
200g grated mozzarella
freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the Penne according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- Boil the spinach until cooked, drain well then roughly chopped.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add garlic, chicken, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Season with salt and cook until chicken is cooked. Transfer chicken to a plate (keep juices in skillet.)
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to skillet to let melt, then add flour and whisk until golden. Add milk and chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the spinach, stir well.Stir in the mozzarella and Parmesan until creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked Penne to the sauce, stir in gently and garnish with the remaining parsley.